I don't know why I still do these welcome posts - no one ever reads them - I suppose they're more for me. A way of getting my goals out so I can remind myself of what I planned on doing with one of my (many) blogs.
Anyways, welcome to "Playing Foodie". The name is something I came up with while watching a TV show with my son (who will be 2 next month). They were playing house... and I suppose "playing" is a good enough word to describe what I do in the kitchen. I'm far from having a clue what I'm doing, though I love reading foodie blogs and hope that eventually this one might evolve into a useful foodie blog.
For now, anyways, it's a place for me to share and record recipes because my current method (random scraps of paper all over the fridge) just isn't working. I grew up with computers, if I can't tell a program to search for it I'm lost. I can only hope that we don't face an apocalypse in my lifetime.
Most recipes in here (at least for now) will be based on something I found in one of my books or online. Usually I end up having to modify it a bit because something isn't in my cupboard or because I just don't like something, but sometimes it will just be the exact recipe, as I found it. Once in a while (like later tonight) one of my posts might be something I just threw together without aid of a recipe. Sometimes these experiments end up being edible... sometimes they don't. But I may or may not post a failed recipe anyways, just so you can learn from my mistakes.